Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Great Cape Caper of '08

So I have been eyeing this cape at the boutique since I've been working there and I finally did it last night and bought the thing after getting the OK from Ryan.  As soon as I took off the tags and put it on and then tried to get my bag around it I was regretting my decision.  Don't get me wrong, I love me a cape.  But, how to you carry a bag with them?  I think I have to get a bag with a handle that isn't a shoulder bag or something.  I'm torn because I love the cape and it makes me feel sophisticated and adult yet I feel completely handicapped once it's on.  I finally understand The Diving Bell & The Butterfly.  Finally!  Not really, but seriously, if you haven't 1) read that book and 2) seen the movie then you are dead to me.  Take the two of those and call me in the morning.  P.S. - I've had 1.5 glasses of wine.  
So this is the cape - judge away.  I usually don't say this about models but this cape looks a lot better on me than it does her and I'm not going to wear it with white slacks and a side part.  Instead it looks really good with brown and black (boots and tights) as well as jeans.  

P.S. If you have any cape friendly suggestions please let me know!  I need to learn to master the cape!

1 comment:

margot said...

i do across the body bags with my cape--they work best if they hit your body above where the cape ends.
(p.s. can't wait to see you lookin cute in your cape!)